The Duke Trauma Registry is a database of patient information that documents an episode of a patient’s injury from the onset through hospital discharge. This information:
- develops prevention strategies
- assesses educational outreach needs
- drives performance improvement
- provides administrative feedback
- supports trauma related research
A trauma registry is an extremely valuable tool when the data entered is accurate, complete and current. While maintaining a trauma registry is a requirement of being a credentialed trauma center, the standardized data enables trauma centers to benchmark themselves on a state and national level.
Last updated April 4, 2013