To provide exceptional, evidence based care to our local and regional community that improves the quality of life of those impacted by traumatic injury through education, research, and outreach, while striving for prevention.
To be a nationally recognized trauma center of excellence in the care of injured patients evidenced by best practice.
Our goals as Duke Trauma Center are to:
- Provide the best care possible to trauma patients
- Educate health care providers in the care of trauma patients
- Prevent injury through education of the public on safety issues
- Participate in trauma research
- Assist health care facilities and the public to prepare for disasters
Read more about Duke Trauma Center.