Did you know?
- Injuries from trauma that are the most life-threatening are also the most preventable.
- Trauma is the leading cause of death for individuals up to the age of 45 years
- Trauma is the fourth leading cause of death overall for all ages.
- Trauma occurs every four seconds.
- Every six minutes, someone in the U.S. dies from trauma and another is permanently disabled
The Trauma Center at Duke University Hospital considers injury prevention a priority. Injury statistics on the rise in North Carolina. We are dedicated to seeing these staggering statistics reduced. Our top three areas of injury are: motor vehicle crashes, falls, and gunshot wounds. We perform outreach in our local communities to educate the public and promote safety. Additionally, we offer resources to foster and support injury prevention education and programs in our RAC (Regional Advisory Committee)
Educational Materials and Links
- Head Injury and Concussion
- Skateboard Safety
- Motor Vehicle Safety
- Distracted Driving
- Impaired Driving
- Safety Restraints/Seat Belts
- Child Passenger Safety
- Fall Prevention
- Ladder Safety
- Home Safety
- Water Safety
- Boating Safety
- Bike Safety (Kids)
- Bike Safety - NHTSA.gov
- Domestic Violence
- Gun Safety
- Gun Safety and Kids
- Education Materials for Kids in Spanish
- DRAC Safe Medication Disposal Sites